A new online program was born in 2010! In the Fall, Teleosis and Touro University Nevada created the Institute for Environmental Medicine (I4EM) under the direction of Dr. Ilene Ruhoy. I4EM is now offering GreenPharmEdu, an online continuing educational program designed to educate health professionals on why and how to reduce unused pharmaceuticals accumulating in the environment.
We have decided to charge a fee only for continuing education credits-it means that if you just want to educate yourself on the topic, you are welcome to take our class free of charge.
GreenPharmEdu offers five modules of unique curricula, and continuing education credits are available for physicians, nurses, and pharmacists:
- Rationale for A Focus on Unused Pharmaceuticals
- Pharmaceutical In the Environment: An Evidence-based Review
- Minimizing Pharmaceutical Waste in Clinical Care: A Medical Perspective
- Minimizing Pharmaceutical Waste in Clinical Care: A Nursing Perspective
- Pharmaceutical Disposal: What Pharmacists need to Know
For more information visit www.GreenPharmEdu.org.